Donation for Breast Cancer ResearchI am really excited to announce that I will be donating 10% of my proceeds from "The Cancer Survivor's Garden Companion: Cultivating Hope, Healing & Joy in the Ground Beneath Your Feet" to research for metastatic breast cancer! And YOU can help raise these funds for breast cancer research, too. For as long as my book is in print I will donate 10% of my proceeds to Komen Austin to a designated fund for research for metastatic breast cancer. Forever and ever. No expiration date. No question.
Metastatic Breast CancerSo, what is metastatic breast cancer?
- Metastatic breast cancer means that the cancer has spread from the breast to other parts of the body (typically lungs, bones, brain, and liver).
- This is still breast cancer -- even though it's in the liver or bones.
- People with this diagnosis are considered Stage IV.
- There is no cure for this.
- People with this diagnosis will be in treatment for the rest of their lives.
- People with this diagnosis on the average live up to 2 years.
- Early stage breast cancers (Stages I - III) can be rediagnosed years later as Stage IV. Early detection does not always mean a cure once and for all.